Monday 21 March 2011

Bjorn again


I'm ebaying again... I LOVE Bjorn Wiinblad and every now and then I have an ebay splurge when I spend hours trawling through Wiinblad pottery and try to buy a few pieces.
This Danish artist designer designed pieces for the Nymolle factory and has a really distinctive style.
I first discovered him for myself when I was really lucky to spot a plate by him in a charity shop window. I hadn't heard of him before but could instantly tell it was Scandinavian. The plate in question is a commemorative plate for Ericsson phones' centenary - I've seen it on foreign auction sites since for about £100 so that was a good find.
After that I went to ebay and started buying the calendar plaques - one for each month of the year they chart a couple's meeting courtship marriage and the birth of their first child (fast movers those Danes I guess). After that a friend gave me some mugs she rescued from her mum who was about to chuck them out.
Everything about his style is perfect - although I prefer his simple line work to some of the colour items and christmas plates.
It just sums up what great style those Scandinavians have.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Can I borrow this picture? I want to show what I wish for :-).

    ReplyDelete