Friday 22 January 2010

the art of hanging onto furniture

2 posts in one day? Or in one hour even. But I have to put this photo up.
This chair, god KNOWS where it came from, is in a right old state and has been languishing in Maisie's room since we moved in. But despite it's shabby demeanour underneath you can see the glimmering of a once beautiful bit of furniture - look at those sweeping arms and it is really comfortable too

I might be up for doing my dining room chair covers but this is an upholstery step too far for me I think so I found an upholsterer on Yell.com and yesterday she came round to measure up. She's a really nice woman called Sarah Noble. I haven't seen what she does yet - so I am being really trusting but I got a really good feeling about her. She trained at the LCF so that's pretty cool. Also she is busy up to the end of March when she has a spare week to do this chair and then busy again til May - that's got to be a good sign hasn't it (or she works incredibly slowly?)

Anyway she has measured up and is going to get back to me with a price and then do the business - so now the search for fabric starts! yipppeeeee!

Being an upholsterer looked pretty fab... maybe I'll retrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment