Monday 18 January 2010

either those chair covers go or I do...


So not only are we living in one grandparent's house we have also managed to accrue many many possessions from long deceased relatives and even one old lady I didn't even know. We eat our dinner at a table owned by Pete's granny sitting on dining chairs owned by mine (the other granny not the house owning one - keep up!). My granny was pretty handy and did lots of upholstery but the dining room chairs are covered in some sort of foul and filthy plastic. I guess it looked good in 1960 something and hell - it was definitely practical and hard wearing doesn't even begin to describe it. But it's got to go. I have got an upholsterer booked to recover a fireside chair that's languishing upstairs at the mo and the plan was she'd do the dining room chairs as well but then I realised how easy it was and that the less I paid for the work the more I could spend on fabric. And this is the crux of the matter. Have you ever seen something that has made your tiny heart beat fast and brought you out in a sort of 18th century lady flush? Feast your eyes on Mark Hearlds beautiful linocut fabric from St Judes. Yes ok it IS £44 per metre but think of what I'll save doing it myself. Now I just have to persuade Pete that spending over 60 quid on covering the dining room chairs is actually an investment. Watch this space...

http://www.stjudes.co.uk/birdgarden.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment