Friday 12 March 2010

A foray into the sewing box




A morning off affords a little time to have a look in the sewing box. Made by my grampa for nana. It's like a little table with a hinged split lid and a drawer underneath. This is where the JLP bag was found (passim)

My good friend Linda Hasking did an amazing project called Make Do and Mend where she catalogued her own Granny's sewing box www.whitechairpress.com so I am not even trying to emulate that but there are a few treasures to share

First up - The Cash's Woven Names. Now I have changed my name I think I may actually sew these in to my clothes. Very helpfully Cash's have provided a list of items I may want to label. Plus with the advent of their special adhesive I can basically stick these little fellows to anything. Particularly useful is the fact they have made a distinction between hats, caps AND berets. Sadly I have a trilby and as that's not listed I won't be labelling it today I fear.

and really, I ask you...who labels a comb??

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Cash's name tapes! I love them and was recommending them to my son just yesterday. I shall send him the link to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a look at his blog too. Not a sewing box in sight, but some things you may like?

    http://www.benjamin-frederick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete